Installers Guide to Preparing for Installation
As a SkyBell installer, we recommend that you have the following items with you to make the installation smooth and easy!
What you will need
- A mobile device running the latest operating system (Android or iOS).
- A screwdriver. (Philips & flat head) SkyBell does provide a Philips screwdriver in all SkyBell HD boxes that can be used to install the mounting plate. Some homes will have flat head screws currently installed with their existing doorbell.
- A power drill & drill bit. You may be required to drill into a concrete, brick, or stucco home. A drill bit is included in the SkyBell HD box.
- A wire stripper. This may be required to strip the customer’s existing doorbell wires; in case they are not exposed enough to allow for a secure attachment to the SkyBell HD mounting plate.
- A multimeter. Though not a requirement, this tool can assist with quickly diagnosing power issues.
- A transformer. Also not a requirement, but if you have determined that a low power supply is the cause for a failed installation, having a spare transformer on hand will allow you the opportunity to change the transformer and continue with the installation.
- A Digital Doorbell Adapter(DDA). It is highly recommended you have at least one of these on hand. A small percentage of customers may have a digital doorbell system installed, and in order to use their existing system with SkyBell HD, an adapter must be installed.
- SkyBell HD app. It is important to have the most up to date app installed on the mobile device that will be used for syncing.
- A speed test app. This is not a requirement, but it is highly recommended to have this app readily available to test a customer’s upload speeds. SpeedSmart is the recommended app, and can be located in the iOS App Store or Google Play Store.
- Customer information. Gather the customer’s full name, email address, router name, and the password for their router. Customer will be provided with the necessary steps to change their password.
- Spare parts. It’s best to have a solution to any problem that may arise. Always keep spare parts on hand. This includes mounting screws, a mounting plate, set screws, and screw anchors.