SkyBell HD connects to the 2.4 GHz frequency band. The common frequency bands are 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Newer model wireless routers operate with the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands broadcasting simultaneously. In order for SkyBell HD to connect to these routers, the bands must be split to allow the two to broadcast on separate networks. We refer to this process as router reconfiguration.
- SkyBell can only connect to a 2.4 Ghz network band.
- Password encryption type: WPA2
- Mac Filtering: Disabled
- DNS: Primary DNS - 22.214.171.124
- Radio Mode: N Only
Ensuring this is a SkyBell HD, please try the following.
1. Delete the SkyBell HD App
2. Restart your phone
3. Re Download the SkyBell HD App
Step 2: Power cycle your router
1. Switch off and unplug the power from your modem/router.
2. Leave both unplugged for 30 seconds.
3. Plug the power back into the modem/router and verify that you are again connected to the Internet.
Step 3: Press your SkyBell button in and hold it for about a minute. During this time you will see the LED flash (rapid green>red and green>blue>yellow). Once you see the LED flash yellow, please release the SkyBell button. During this time, please delete your SkyBell device from within the SkyBell app (Click on settings and proceed to click on delete device). Now your SkyBell will be flashing red and green. Select 'Add a SkyBell' in your app and follow the on-screen instructions to re-sync your device.