New Home Network/ Password:
If you have recently updated the WiFi information or replaced your router you will need to update the information on your SkyBell HD. This includes changing your home network password, network name and/or password.
Your SkyBell HD stores your WiFi network's name and password so if you recently changed these, the SkyBell will not be able to connect to the internet and you will not be able to access your SkyBell.
The simplest fix is to follow these steps:
- Log into the SkyBell HD app
- Press the SkyBell button in and hold it for about a minute. The LED will flash rapid green > red and green > blue > yellow.
- Once you see the LED flash yellow, please release the SkyBell button. During this time, please delete the SkyBell device from within the SkyBell app. After about a minute your SkyBell will default to sync mode. (flashing red and green)
- Select 'Add a SkyBell' in the app and follow the on-screen instructions to re-sync the device.
Optimal Network Requirements:
SkyBell HD only connects to the 2.4 GHz frequency band. The common frequency bands are 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Newer model wireless routers operate with the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands broadcasting simultaneously. In order for SkyBell HD to connect to these routers, the bands must be split to allow the two to broadcast on separate networks. We refer to this process as router configuration.
- SkyBell can only connect to a 2.4 Ghz network band.
- Password encryption type: WPA2
- Mac Filtering: Disabled.
- DNS: Primary DNS - 220.127.116.11
- Radio Mode: N Only
- Minimum upload speed of 1.5 Mbps